23/11/2009

MAN V's SHARK



A man who was bitten by a shark south of Adelaide at the weekend says the shark released him when he punched it repeatedly in the mouth.
Dean Brougham (above), 25,and as hard as you like is recovering in hospital from arm and leg injuries. He has had an operation on his hand and he is awaiting surgery on his leg.
He told reporters from his hospital bed he had been spear fishing in the water at Second Valley for just seven minutes when the shark attacked.
He thinks it may have been a white pointer. Or maybe a bronze whaler. Maybe even a bull shark, definitely not a hammerhead, but it could of been a tiger shark.
"I came up, as soon as I got to the surface I felt someone, something pulling my leg and I thought it was just someone being a smart arse, and I turned around and just saw the big face looking at me," he said.
"It was unimaginable, just freaky, just seeing this big monster's head just looking at you."
Mr Brougham said the shark fled when he punched it in the mouth.
"I just started beating it, just trying to get rid of it, and then it let me go and then I was just straight towards the cliffs," he said.
"I can't believe first of all I got attacked by a shark, I can't believe second of all that I got out of the water, and I can't believe that third of all I've still got everything attached."

No comments: